SurveyOcean (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://surveyocean.com (hereinafter referred to as “Service”).
Service: Means the https://surveyocean.com website operated by SurveyOcean.
User content: All surveys questions, responses, information, data, images, videos and other kind of content (“User Content”) uploaded or collected by you into your account.
Usage Data: Data collected automatically either generated by the use of Service or from Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies: Small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve, protect, and promote our Services:
When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or receive certain information about your device and usage of the Service (collectively “Service Usage Data”):
We collect information about the device you’re using SurveyOcean on, including the type of device, operating system, settings and crash data that helps us understand when something breaks.
Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses and your activity in the Service (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take, service performance information, device event information (such as system activity, error reports), and hardware settings. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Service.
We also use “cookies” (small text files sent by your computer each time you visit our website, unique to your SurveyOcean account or your browser).
We use both session cookies (that last until you logout or close your browser) or persistent cookies (that last until you or your browser delete them).
Some of the cookies we use are associated with your SurveyOcean account (your login session and account preferences) and other cookies are third party cookies used to collect usage statistics and analytics data such as google analytics.
We collect, and associate with your account, the information you provide to us when you do things such as sign up for your account or upgrade to a paid plan (like your name, email address, username, password, payment info, and physical address).
We understand that your personal information is important to you. We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties, unless you allow it.
You own all your account data including surveys, questions and responses you collect through SurveyOcean. You are responsible for all data and information you collect through surveys hosted at SurveyOcean. We don’t sell or share those surveys and responses. We don’t use surveys data to any purpose other than providing the service to you or improving it.
We host surveys, collect and store your responses. Survey creator is responsible for all the information and data collected from you when you respond to the survey.
SurveyOcean uses the collected data for various purposes:
1. To provide and maintain our Service.
2. To notify you about changes to our Service.
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
4. To provide customer support.
5. To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
6. To monitor the usage of our service.
7. To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
8. To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
9. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
10. To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.
11. To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
12. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
13. For any other purpose with your consent.
SurveyOcean is committed to securing your Users Data. We take appropriate technological and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. SurveyOcean complies with applicable data protection, privacy, and security breach notification laws.
However there is no system perfectly secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your User Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Some of the ways in which SurveyOcean protects your User Data include:
• We encrypt your Content when it is stored in our data centers.
• We protect sensitive information with encryption during transmission over the public Internet.
• We transmit your information using Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”).
• We keep the servers on which personal information is stored in a controlled environment with limited access.
• We maintain a wide variety of compliance and security programs.
• We use firewalls, monitor and check our systems for possible vulnerability and attacks.
You have control over your User data and how it’s collected, used, and shared. For example, you can:
• Delete Your User Data in your SurveyOcean account.
• Change or correct personal data. You can manage your account and the content contained in it, as well as edit some of your user data.
• Access and take your User data elsewhere. You can access your User data from your SurveyOcean account and you can download a copy of data in a machine readable format.
• Opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of our marketing messages.